Responsible Travel Ethos..
- As much as humanly possible, we help support and empower Local Communities. Along with our partners, we work with and along side local communities. The aim is to redistribute income from tourism to help create decent jobs and implement sustainable, long lasting solutions to the problems many local communities face. We support a practical and socially responsible form of self-reliance. Through tourism, local communities acquire the means to maintain a traditional way of life, all the while preserving their land and endangered ecosystems.
- We care about our Footprint. There’s no denying that international travel has an impact on the environment, so we don’t pretend that our trips won’t contribute in some way to the wider problems of global warming, over-consumption & waste. So we make it our mission to counter our impact wherever we can and contribute to local businesses; local hotels and lodges, restaurants, excursion providers etc and that we are dedicated to sustainable travel practices, education and preservation, and minimising human impact.
- We are committed to preserving culture. Every tour we create, and every experience we offer, takes into account the impact it has on local communities, to ensure that it remains positive and minimal.
- We value the knowledge and passion that people have of their own cultures. They hold a country’s heritage and customs together. That is why, on each journey, we use local guides and local field experts, and visit the likes of traditional artists, community leaders and local families opening their homes to us.
- We are adamant in trying to take you beyond the ordinary tourist route, to use insider expertise so as to ensure that your experiences are as true to tradition and as authentic as they can be.
- We make sure we communicate about the local issues facing a destination and what we can do to tackle them. We do try and educate our Guests about the challenges and also the sustainable practices we think works best in a particular area.
- We support local businesses, we buy directly from local artisans, we boycott exploitative wildlife attractions such as elephant trekking, swimming with dolphins or walking with lions.
- We ensure that both ourselves, and all who travel with us, are respectful of the people and cultures that welcome us.
- We believe sustainable and responsible travel matters.